You are about to start with one of the most challenging projects and significant financial investments of your life. I know exactly what needs to be done and can guide you through the design and execution process. I have contacts with the right advisors and contractors, although you are also welcome to select your own.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
- You will receive a well-thought-out and high-quality design tailored to your desires.
- Unforeseen costs during construction are minimized because, also due to my background in construction, I encounter most problems during the creation of technical drawings.
- I prefer to work in a team with the contractor involved in the project at an early stage. They have an influence on the design to strike the right balance between cost and aesthetics.
- I only work with contractors that either you or I know, ensuring that our design is executed correctly.
- An architect doesn't have to be expensive; feel free to request a no-obligation quote from me.
We will get to know each other better and discuss the requirements for your project (no obligation).
We will discuss the sketch design to ensure that I have correctly translated your wishes.
A preliminary design is created using a CAD program. Dimensioning, exact materialization, and detailing are not considered at this stage. This allows for easy adjustments to the plan based on preferences or new insights.
A final design includes all the elements needed to apply for a permit. These elements include: Site plan (existing and new), floor plans (existing and new), sections (existing and new), roof view (existing and new), principle details and materialization. It also includes construction, ventilation, and installation drawings and calculations.
OBTAINING A BUILDING PERMIT
I will submit the necessary documents to the local planning department. For a new construction, the municipality should respond within 14 weeks.
We involve the contractor as early as possible. During the sketch design phase, a rough cost estimate can be provided. After the final design is completed, the contractor can provide a quote. This aligns nicely with the application to the municipality. Once the permit is granted, and the contract with the contractor is signed, construction can begin.
During the construction phase, it is optional but advisable to have me visit the site. This ensures the quality and aesthetics of the project are maintained.